当前位置:首页 -英语作文 - 关于人物的英语作文 - 正文*

Idiomatic Expressions in Conversations (10)|英语会话惯用

mad at me 生我的气
A: Are you still mad at me?
 你仍在生我的气吗?
B: No, I'm mad at myself.
 不,我在生我自己的气。

make a fuss 大惊小怪
A: What  has  happened over there? Many people are gathered.
那里发生了什么事?许多人聚集一起。
B: Don't make a fuss. Somebody is singing in the street.
不要大惊小怪,有人在街上高歌罢了。

make a run to...开小差
A: I  made a run to the cinema yesterday. But the boss came back while I was away.
昨天,我开小差,溜进了戏院,但是当我不在的时候,老板却回来了。
B: Oh, what a shame!
噢, 真丢人!

make a scene 当众(吵架、哭泣等)
A: Listen, I am not lying to you!
你听着,我并不是向你说谎!
B: Why  do  you speak so loudly? Do you want to make a scene?
为什么你这样大声说话?难道你想当众吵架吗?

make both ends meet 使收支平衡
A: He's taken up a casual job in a restaurant.
他在一间餐室当散工。
B: I  know. It's  hard to make both ends meet nowadays.
我知道,要使收支平衡,在今天真不易啊。

make it easy 说得更简单点
A: Sorry, I can't catch what you mean.
对不起,我不明白你的意思。
B: Okay, I'll make it easy. If you want to know money from me, you'll have to pay the interest.
好,我说得更简单点,如果你想向我借钱,你便得付利息。

make sense 能理解;有道理
A: Can  you  read  this? It doesn't make sense to me.
你能看懂这吗?我一点也看不懂。
B: I guess this is not English.
我想这不是英文。

make up one's mind 拿定主意
A: Do you want to have it or not? I cant' wait. You simply have to make up your mind.
你究竟要不要?我不能再等了,你一定要拿定主意。
B: Mm...it is really a  difficult  decision to make.
唔……这真是一个难题。

many happy returns 青春常驻
A: Happy birthday and many happy returns!
祝你生日快乐,青春常驻。
B: Thank you very much.
谢谢。

may God bless you 愿上帝保佑你
A: Good-bye. May God bless you.
再见,愿上帝保佑你。
B: Good-bye.
再见。

may I ask why 我能知道为什么吗
A: Tell Mr Chan not to wait for us.
告诉陈先生不要等我们。
B: May I ask why? You told him to wait for us yesterday.
我能知道为什么吗?你昨天告诉他等我们的。

may I have your name 请问尊姓大名
A: May I have your name?
我可以知道你的大名吗?
B: Sure, my name is John Chan.
当然可以,我叫陈约翰。

I mean it 我是讲真的
A: Are you kidding?
你开玩笑吗?
B: No, I mean it.
不,我是讲真的。

something means so much to me 某事对我来说太重要了
A: I still keep your letters. They mean so much to me.
我仍然保存你的信,它们对我来说太重要了。
B: Oh, I am deeply impressed.
噢,真叫人感动啊!

measurements 三围
A: What  are  the  new Miss Hong Kong's measurements?
新任香港小姐的三围是多少?
B: 34-22-34.
34-22-34。

mess around 玩耍;竞争;鬼混
A: Where is Bill?
比尔在哪里?
B: He's just gone out to mess around.
他刚外出玩耍。
A: Don't  mess  around  with  me, or you will regret.
不要和我争,否则你会后悔。
B: Let's wait and see.
等着瞧。
A: I heard  that  the  boss  was  messing around with his secretary.
我听说老板正和他的秘书鬼混。
B: It can't be true.
不可能吧。

mind your own business 少管闲事
A: What's happened? Why do you look so angry?
发生了什么事,为什么你这样怒气冲冲?
B: Mind your own business.
你少管闲事。

mixed feelings 百感交集
A: When I heard that he had changed, I had mixed feelings.
当我听到他改过自新,我真是百感交集。
B: Yes, me too.
对,我也是。

nasty 下流;讨人厌
A: I hate Tom. He is telling限 nasty jokes all the time.
我憎恨汤姆,他整天都说下流的笑话。
B: It seems that he enjoys doing so.
他似乎很享受这样做。
A: Can I help?
要我帮手吗?
B: Go away. Don't be so nasty.
走开,不要这样讨人厌。

Never been better 从来没这么好过
A: How is life?
生活如何?
B: Never been better. I was promoted last Friday.
从来没这么好过,上星期五我升了职。