当前位置:首页 -英语作文 - 关于人物的英语作文 - 正文*

Idiomatic Expressions in Conversations (6)|英语会话惯用语

I don't mean to(=I'm not try-ing to) 我不是存心……
A: John, I don't mean to offend you, but you were really a little too rude to her.
约翰,我并不想冒犯你,但你对她实在太狠了一点。
B: Do you mean I should say sorry to her?
   你的意思是要我向她道歉?
A: You had better do it.
   你这样做最好。

I don't see why 我不明了真正的原因
A: I can't go because I'm broke.
  我不能去,因为我身无分文。
B: I  don't see why. You can write home for some money.
  我不明了真正的原因,你可以写信回家要钱啊!

I feel the same way 我有同感
A: I don't like this cake, it's too greasy.
  我不喜欢这蛋糕,太油腻了。
B: I feel the same way.
  我有同感。

I've got a feeling 我有预感
A: (After receiving a call) Rose isn't coming tonight.
  (接电话后)露丝今晚不来了。
B: I had a feeling she wouldn't come.
  我预感她不会来。

I've had enough 受够了;吃饱了
A: Stop  nagging. I've had enough out of you.
   别再唠叨,我已经受够了。
B: Ah! You've got tired of me.
   呀!你厌倦我了。

A: Want some more dessert?
   要添些甜点吗?
B: No, thank you, I've had enough. I can't eat any more.
   不要了,谢谢。我饱了,吃不下了。

I have no choice 我别无选择
A: Why did you steal?
   为什么要偷东西?
B: I had no choice. I need money badly.
   我急需钱,我没有选择。

I have no idea 我不知道
A: Do you know how she did it?
   你知道她是怎样做的吗?
B: I have no idea.
   我不知道。

I have reached my limit 我的忍耐到了极限
A: When will you finish your project?
   你什么时候可以完成计划?
B: Don't   push  me  too  hard. I  have reached my limit.
   不要催我太急,我的忍耐到了极限。

I mean what I said 我可是当真的;我可不是说着玩的
A: I don't want to see you anymore, and I mean what I said.
  我不想再见到你,我可是当真的。
B: Don't do that, please.
  请不要这样。
I should have known 我早该知道
A: I should have known she was just using me.
  我早该知道她在利用我。
B: I should have known better than you.
  我早就该比你看得更清楚。

I suppose not 我想不会吧
A: Does John want to go with us?
   约翰要跟我们一起去吗?
B: I suppose not.
   我想不会吧。

I'll be there 我会准时到达
A: John, we've a meeting tomorrow morning at 11:00.
  约翰,明早十一时我们有一个会议。
B: Don't worry, I'll be there.
  别担心,我会准时到达。

I'll drink to... 我要为……干一杯
A: John will be promoted manager.
   约翰将要升为经理。
B: I'll drink to that.
   我要为这事干一杯。

I'll get it 我来接电话;我来开门
A: (phone rings) I'll get it.
   (电话响)我来接。
B: It must be your boy friend.
   一定是你的男朋友。

I'll let you know 到时我会让你知道
A: When will the manager be back?
   经理什么时候回来?
B: I don't know, but I'll let you know at the very first place.
   我不知道,但他回来后,我会第一时间让你知道。


I'll say 是啊!/可不是吗?
A: Boy, it is hot outside!
   乖乖,外面很热啊!
B: I'll say.
   是啊!/可不是吗?

I'll take it/this/them 我买这件(些)东西
A: How much for this blue T-shirt?
   这件蓝色T恤多少钱?
B: It's only $59.90.
   只需59.9美元。
A: I'll take it.
   我买了。

I wish there was something I could do 我希望我能帮得上忙;我希望能做点什么
A: I'm bored with sitting at home. I wish there was something I could do.
我真烦死了,老坐在家里,真希望能干点什么。
B: Let's have some soft music.
   让我们来点轻音乐。

if that's the way you want it 假如这就是你想要做的
A: Give me a break, will you?
   别惹我,好吗?
B: You want to be alone? Okay, if that's the way you want it, I will leave right now and never come back.
你想独自一个人呆着?好,如果你真的这么想,我马上走,而且永远不会回来。

in a way, yea(no) 从某一方面来讲,是的(不是的;不行)
A: You   don't  want John to be reelected chairman because you don't like him.
你不想约翰连任主席(董事长),因为你不喜欢他,对吧?
B: Well—in a way, yes.
   嗯,从某一方面来说——是的。