当前位置:首页 -英语作文 - 关于人物的英语作文 - 正文*

Idiomatic Expressions in Conversations (3)|英语会话惯用语

Fair enough 公平得很
A: I'll  pay for the meal, and you pay for the movie, how about that?
   我请吃饭,你请看电影,如何?
B: Fair enough!
   公平得很。

Feel like a fool 感觉像傻瓜
A: When  I  stood  in the rain waiting for    Mary for two hours, I felt like a fool.
   我站在雨中等玛莉等了两小时,我觉得像个傻瓜。
B: Oh, love is blind.
   噢,爱情使人盲目。

Fifty fifty 对半分账
A: Let me pay the bill.
   让我来付帐吧。
B: No, let's split this bill fifty fifty.
   不要,让我们对半分账。

First come, first served 先到先得
A: Hey, you.
   嘿,老兄。
B: What?
   什么事?
A: Don't  try  to  jump  the  queue. First                                 come, first served.
   不要插队,按次序来。

First things first 重要事先做
A: Do you want to go shopping with us?
   要不要跟我们一起去逛商店?
B: I'd love to, but I've got a test tomorrow, and you know, first things first.
   我很乐意跟你们去。可是我明天有测验,你知道啦, 重要的事得先做。

Forget it 不必提了;算了
A: I'll give you back the money tomorrow.
   我明天会把钱还你的。
B: Oh, forget it.
   哦,算了。

From way back 打很久以前起
A: You seem to know her very well.
   你似乎跟她很熟。
B: Yes, I know her from way back.
   是的,我很久以前便认识她了。

Get going 走开(不礼貌的说法)
A: Get going; you're in my way.
   走开,你挡了我的路。
B: Where's your manner?
   你的风度哪里去了?

Get lost (=beat it) 滚开
A: I'm so sorry for what I've done.
   我对我所做的很抱歉。
B: Just get lost. I don't want to hear.
   赶快消失,我不想听。

Get out of my way 滚开;别挡路
A: Could you tell me how to do it?
   可否告诉我怎样做?
B: Get out of my way. I'm busy, can't you see?
   滚开,难道你没看见我很忙?

Get something straight 有话直说
A: I didn't want to get involved.
   我不想卷入漩涡。
B: Okay, let's get it straight.
   好吧,让我们有话直说。

Get to the point 说到点子上;不要兜圈子
A: Stop  beating  around the bush and get to the point.
  不要兜圈子,说出重点来。
B: All right, I won't make it long.
  好吧,我不会啰嗦的。

Give someone a break 给……一个喘息机会
A: Don't treat your boy so tough.
   不要对你的儿子那么严厉。
B: I must. Otherwise he'll never give me a break.
  我必须这样,否则他永远不会给我喘息的机会。

Give someone a call/ring 打电话
A: Are you free tomorrow evening?
   你明天晚上有空吗?
B: Give me a ring at that time, will you?
   到时打电话给我,好吗?

Give a damn 在乎;在意
A: Hey! Mary is crying. Do something.
   喂!玛莉在哭。逗逗她吧。
B: I don't give a damn.
   我才不在乎。

Give me a hand 帮帮忙(体力方面)
A: John, give me a hand, will you?
   约翰,帮个忙吗?
B: Yes, what can I do for you?
   好的,我可以帮你什么呢?
A: Pass me that knife.
   把刀子递给我。

Give someone what for 责备;指控
A: Did he really say that to you?
   他真的对你这样说?
B: Yes.
   是的。
A: Okay, I'll give him what for.
   好,我会责备他一顿。

Go Dutch 各付各的账
A: Let me pay the bill.
   让我来付账。
B: Please don't. I think we had better go Dutch.
   请不要,我想我们最好各付各的。

Go to hell 去死;少惹我
A: You should say sorry to Mary.
   你应该对玛莉说对不起。
B: Go to hell, will you? I don't need your free advice.
   少惹我行不行?我不需要你的免费忠告。

Good for you 好!对你会有益
A: I'll take your word and see the doctor.
   我会听你话去看医生。
B: Good for you.
   好!对你会有益。

Got it 成功了;懂了
A: Do you understand?
   你明白吗?
B: Yes, I've got it.
   我懂了。


(选自《英语会话惯用语》  袁敬祥/编,湖北教育出版社,责编/唐瑾)