当前位置:首页 -英语作文 - 关于人物的英语作文 - 正文*

Idiomatic Expressions in Conversations (14)|英语会话惯用

what a coincidence 真凑巧
A: I intend to take my holiday in March.
     我打算在三月度假。
B: What a coincidence! I also plan to take my vacation at that time.
真凑巧!我也打算在那时度假。

what a shame 真丢人
A: How tasty the shrimps are. Oh, what a shame! I can't get the cashews with the chopsticks!
这些虾味道真好。噢,真丢人!我不会用筷子夹腰果。
B: Use your hands.
    用你的手吧。

what about 那么
A: We'll go to the movie tonight.
      我们今晚去看电影。
B: What about little Sam?
     那么小萨姆呢?

what are you selling 你葫芦里到底卖的是什么药
A: You look strange today. What are you selling?
你今天看起来很奇怪,你葫芦里到底卖的是什么药?
B: You'll see.
等着瞧。

what on earth are you talking about 你到底在胡说些什么
A: You know I know you know it.
     你知道我知道你知道这事。
B: What on earth are you talking about?
     你到底在胡说些什么?

what brings you here 什么风把你吹来了
A: Hello, Peter. What brings you here?
     哈啰,彼得,什么风把你吹来了?
B: I just passed by and dropped in for a chat.
     我刚好经过,所以顺便登门聊一聊。

what could be worse 还会有更糟的吗
A: I'm afraid I have to tell you some bad news.
我恐怕要告诉你一些坏消息。
B: My car was stolen and my purse was lost. What could be worse?
我的汽车被偷了,我的钱包不见了,还会有更糟的吗?

what for 到底是为了什么
A: Please put on a black suit while you go to Helen's party.
参加海伦的舞会时,请你穿上黑色西装。
B: You told me to wear a black suit? What for?
    你说要我穿黑色西装?到底是为了什么?

what's it all about 是怎么回事
A: They said you quitted your job last month. What's it all about?
他们说你上月辞了职,到底是怎么回事?
B: Nothing. I just argued with my boss.
    没有什么,我只是与老板争了几句。

what is going on 发生了什么事
A: What is going on?
     发生了什么事?
B: Marry has just cut her finger.
    玛莉刚割伤了手指。

what's on 在演什么
A: What's on TV now?
     现在电视在演什么?
B: A comedy.
    一部喜剧。

what's on your mind 你在担心些什么
A: You look worried. What's on your mind?
    你看来很忧虑,你在担心些什么?
B: I'm afraid I can't pass the examination.
    我怕考试不及格。

what's so funny 什么事这么好笑
A: What's so funny?
    什么事这么好笑?
B: You've put on the wrong shoes.
    你穿错了鞋子。

what kept you so long 什么事耽误你这么久
A: What kept you so long? I've been waiting here for one hour.
什么事耽误你这么久?我在这里已经等了整整一小时了。
B: Sorry, I was stuck in a traffic jam.
    对不起,我遇到了塞车。

who cares 我才不在乎
A: Get up, Peter. You'd be late for work.
    彼得,起床啊,你快要上班迟到了。
B: Who cares? I feel like dying. I'm aching all over.
我才不在乎呢!我觉得快要死了。我全身都痛。

with pleasure 荣幸之至
A: May I ask you for this dance?
     可否请你与我跳这曲舞?
B: With pleasure.
     荣幸之至。

would-be 准……
A: Your daughter is a beauty. I think she's a would-be Miss Hongkong.
你的女儿真是个美人儿,我想未来的香港小姐非她莫属。
B: Thank you.
    谢谢。

wouldn't dream of 做梦也未曾想过
A: I wouldn't dream of talking to her. She is so elegant and beautiful.
我做梦也未曾想过和她说话,她这么高贵、漂亮。
B: Coward!
     懦夫!

you can't be serious 你不可能当真的
A: I've decided to quit my job.
     我已决定辞职。
B: You can't be serious. You've just been promoted.
你不可能当真吧,你刚刚升了职。

you devil 你这魔鬼
A: Now you know the result of cheating me.
     现在,你知道欺骗我的结果了。
B: You devil. You'll get yours some day.
    你这魔鬼,你迟早会得到报应的。